The 11th Biennial North American Taiko Conference (NATC) is being held August 9-11, 2019 at Portland State University in Portland, Oregon. Since its inception in 1997, NATC has been the largest known gathering of taiko (traditional Japanese drumming) practitioners in the world. For 2019, the NATC will bring together approximately 600 participants for three days of workshops, discussion sessions, and performances of taiko.
The Taiko Community Alliance (TCA) is the fiscal sponsor of NATC and will be offering one administrative intern position that will support NATC Staff in planning and implementing Conference activities.
- Assisting in administrative office work related specifically to NATC
- Assisting NATC Staff with media and press relations
- Organizing registration materials
- Distributing promotional materials
- Volunteer Program support
- On-site NATC operations including, but not limited to facilities management and hospitality oversight
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old
- Currently enrolled as an Undergraduate or Graduate college student in good academic standing.
- Must have regular access to Internet and own computer
- Familiarity with Portland State University and surrounding area
- Previous taiko experience (knowledge of equipment and terminology)
- Current driver's license
- Experience with Apple Computers, Google Drive, Salesforce, and WordPress
Six weeks, starting from Monday, July 8, 2019 through Monday, August 19, 2019.
Maximum of 80 hours. 10 hours per week for the first 4 weeks, 20 hours per week for the final 2 weeks.
$15.00 per hour, or college credit, if desired.
This is primarily a remote position. The Intern will be expected to attend virtual meetings with NATC Staff on a weekly basis, and is required to work on-site at Portland State University beginning Thursday, August 8 through Monday, August 12. If needed, campus accommodations will be provided.
Please send a resume and cover letter detailing your experience and what you hope to gain from an internship with NATC to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct questions to: email@example.com
Deadline to apply: Friday, May 24, 2019